Oftentimes there are subtle signs that someone is struggling with life, and when these feelings become unbearable, they may start thinking that suicide is their only option. This 3.5 hour (or less) CALM Care program teaches you how to be suicide aware, and recognise when someone may be thinking about ending their life. This online course will help you recognise, the subtle warning signs that are often missed or overlooked, how to approach them, make a connection, and know what to say. Above all, it will equip you, to confidently put your hand up, when someone is signalling they need care. This is an evidence informed, and lived experience informed program.
What you need to know:
- The course consists of 4 lessons, and 33 topics, and 5 videos (see Course Details tab)
- The duration is approximately 3.5 hours (or less).
- This is not a webinar or zoom presentation, it is a self-paced course.
- We suggest using Google, Microsoft Edge or Firefox on a laptop.
- Other browsers may work but are not as reliable.
- You have 30 days access to complete the course.
- A certificate is issued upon completion.
- Before commencing the course you will be reminded to download the Calm Care booklet which is referenced throughout the course.
- We appreciate that suicide is a sensitive topic for many, and we suggest that you have supports available if you find yourself upset during or after the course.